The Buccleuch Mansion (pronounced “buck-clue” or “buckloo”) was originally the home of Anthony White. It was built in 1739 and is a fine example of colonial Georgian architecture, which is noted for its balance, proportion, and symmetry. Later alterations incorporated elements of the Federal and Greek Revival styles as well – both of these were heavily influenced by the classical styles of ancient Greece and Rome. The structure is sided in wooden clapboard. During the winter of 1776-77 the home was occupied by the British. The Buccleuch Mansion received its name from Colonel Joseph Warren Scott, who lived in the home during the 1800s. He named it in honor of his family’s ancestral home in Scotland.
NOTE: Buccleuch Mansion is currently closed for restoration. The Jersey Blue Chapter NSDAR is unable to conduct its normal tours until this restoration is complete.
200 College Ave., Inside Buccleuch Park, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
ALBUQUERQUE LITTLE THEATRE
Buccleuch Mansion is currently closed for restoration.