This 1880 building was the home of Edwin R. and Elovine Carpender. Edwin was the nephew of John N. Carpender, who purchased College Hall in 1880. Elovine was one of the founders of the Urban League in New Brunswick and the first female member of the Federal Housing Authority; prominent among Republican women in New Jersey and was elected a delegate to the convention for the repeal of the 18th Amendment to the US Constitution repealing the prohibition of alcoholic beverages. Carpender Hall is influenced by two late-Victorian era architectural styles: Queen Anne and Shingle Style. A hallmark of Queen Anne-style structures is an asymmetrical façade and a front-facing gable, as seen here. The Shingle style was partially meant to emulate the way Colonial structures were sided with shingles and became popular around the time of the Centennial. The façade is a mixture of wooden shingles and brick. The building was occupied in October 1948 for faculty offices. It is not open to the public.