Old Queens is the oldest building located on the Rutgers University campus. Built in 1809, it is constructed of local brownstone. It is a fine example of Federal architecture, popular in the young United States from about 1780-1830. This was an adaptation of Georgian architecture and shares with that style a focus on balance, proportion, and symmetry. Old Queens originally provided classrooms and faculty housing to Queen’s College. Queens College was later renamed Rutgers after its generous benefactor, Colonel Henry Rutgers, donated money to save the institution from bankruptcy. Today, Old Queens is used for administrative offices and is not open to the public.
83 Somerset St (at George St), Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
ALBUQUERQUE LITTLE THEATRE
Not open to the public